Thursday, August 7, 2014

Monster Forecast December Update!


November's predictions ended up panning out with the announcement of Mecha-King Ghidorah for the S.H.MonsterArts line. However, it has been slated for a February 2015 release instead of November 2014. There's supposed to be at least one more announcement for December 2014. We're hoping it's something big and special similarly to December 2013's release, Biollante. Who do you think will be announced for December 2014?

Site Updates:
  • Added "**Web Exclusive**" into the descriptions of monsters released under the Bandai Collectors Web Shop.
  • Moved the Battra & Mothra Larva Set into the PAST RELEASES section.
  • Updated the MONSTER FORECAST page.
  •  Added Mecha-King Ghidorah in the UPCOMING RELEASES section. However, only 1 promo photo has been added. The rest will come at a later date.

8 comments:

  1. I think that Orga is a monster that falls into the "Big and special" category and would be a nice figure to add in the already growing family of S.H.Monsterarts line. since G2000 was the first Godzilla movie to ever be shown in the U.S besides G1998 I think Orga is a very known Godzilla monster. Even for me he was the first monster I had seen in a Godzilla movie and that's what makes Orga special to me. I would love a figure of him especially because we only got one toy of orga. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Godzilla King of The Monsters (1956) and Godzilla (1985) also debuted in the USA as well. However, these were edited for American audiences. The originals were Godzilla (1954) and The Return of Godzilla (1984). Godzilla 2000 was the third Godzilla movie to debut in theaters for the USA. It was also edited for American audiences, but instead of American actors inserted into the movie, elements of the score were modified and rearranged by a new composer, scenes were rearranged and cut, and even Orga's roar was changed so that it wasn't menacing as it was in the original.

      Delete
    2. I know it wasn't the first to be in USA theatr. I just realized after I posted it. It thank you anyway and I also know about the roar change.

      Delete
  2. Sh monster arts should make a megaguirus because hes very large and is unlike any monster in the Godzilla universe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like an SHMA Anguirus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If speaking for other branches of the series beside Toho, a Gamera and Gyaos could be amazing. I think that Universal monsters, or maybe even types of 50's B-Movies monsters could work really well in the line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a Manda SHM so bad. I know it's one of the least important monsters in the G universe, but I just love it. Also Ebirah wouild be awesome. I frankly don't get why they're selling a new version of Kyriu and a Mecha KG shortly, should't they wait a bit more.

    Also, I have the feeling that G 2014 didn't come with an effect part because SHM will release an effect kit (like the ones that are coming out in October/November). Does anyone have a thought on this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. so when is this going to be released?

    ReplyDelete